As fashion is an ever-growing emotion, and with time it has learned to adapt and …Read More
Last Week in Mumbai, India’s first Global Citizen Festival 2016 saw a starry gathering of international and national celebrities from showbiz. Apart from the much-awaited Coldplay performance, some note-worthy stage acts by Jay Z, Demi Lovato, A.R. Rahman and a few Bollywood artists enthralled the guests.
The event saw an august gathering of stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Frieda Pinto, Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Sonam Kapoor, Rietesh Deshmukh, Malaika Arora Khan, Parineeti Chopra, Arjun Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and many more.
Here are some interesting dressers from the bevvy of stars that caught our attention, tell us if you would give them a thumbs up or down in the comments section below.
Alia Bhatt – We like how she paired a black tank top with cropped military jacket and pleated gold skirt. Full marks for creativity and comfort.
Shraddha Kapoor – Plain black top paired with a smart silver jacket and skinny torn jeans. Loved the criss-cross neckline sans accessories.
Malaika Arora Khan – To us she looked like a certified fashionista in her Falguni and Shane LBD with bold metallic embellishments.
Sonam Kapoor – We like how she pulled off an almost no makeup look in a comfortable marsala pleated button down trench dress.
Sonakshi Sinha – For us, she pulled off the cool rocker chic look really well in her olive shoelace skirt paired with a black top and oversized jacket.
(All pictures courtesy: Global Citizen Festival India, official PR agency Wizspk Communication).
By Nicholas Lim Although set in New York, the newest prequel to Harry Potter, …Read More
The Oscars red carpet this year was beyond awesome — we just couldn’t stop admiring the elegant evening gowns and fine-tailored dresses sewed with pearls, crystals and accentuated by sharp cuts at strategic spots. As some of the top-notch ladies in Hollywood ushered in the biggest high couture trends that will inspire us for the rest of the year, we take a quick look at who got it right at the big O’s red carpet. From Emma Stone’s unusual choice of colour to a red haute Dakota Johnson and graffiti chic Keira Knightley — we have short-listed five looks from the 87th Academy Awards that caught our fancy in no time.
1. French actress Marion Cotillard’s Dior couture ensemble was a vision in white — the flawless finish and just-the-right amount of trail behind the dress was perfect for this classy occasion. Bonus points for the cool bum-strap !
2. Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson was surely the red-haute bombshell of the Oscars 2015. Her stunning one-shoulder jewelled gown by Saint Laurent was definitely drool-worthy. Full marks to the seductive bangs and a sleek ponytail accompanied with red lips!
3. Actress Emma Stone was a stunner on the Oscar’s red carpet as she channelled her inner diva in a beaded Elie Saab celery green ensemble. The low back, high-slit and full-sleeves were balanced beautifully in this custom-made outfit, which she accentuated with an old-world Hollywood hairdo and bright orange lips.
4. British actress Keira Knightley was my favourite dresser of the night — the pregnant Oscar nominee looked absolutely beautiful in a floral Valentino gown accentuated with super-cool graffiti. The floral crowning glory on her lustrous tresses was the prettiest spring rendition on the red carpet.
5. She is undoubtedly the red carpet darlin’ because she can rock any outfit effortlessly — actress Lupita Nyong weaved a pretty pearly dream in Calvin Klein gown and displayed oodles of grace with her red carpet choice.