Couples who travel and eat together, stay together. This Valentine’s Day, whether you are with someone or flying solo, the love for exploration shouldn’t take a back seat. Doesn’t matter if you like beaches or mountains or both, there are many interesting ways to celebrate the season of love at some spectacular hotels and resorts in India. Head out to these offbeat yet fabulous locations to enjoy activities like treks, fruit plucking, meditating, kayaking, swimming, and snorkeling to treat your beloved with a romantic surprise.
- Six Senses Vana, Dehradun: Whether you are a couple or single, give yourself a gift of self-love this Valentine’s Day. Disconnect from everyday life and cherish self-love and care in the untouched foothills of the Himalayas. Book a minimum 4-night stay to enjoy the special week of self-love offer for an exceptional wellness experience. Create beautiful memories in this breathtaking destination and indulge yourself in some much-needed self-love. From Rose themed décor to making your body scrub, dosha churnas, face mask, to a strawberry-themed breakfast buffet, Six Senses Vana brings to you a week-long self-care retreat, from February 7 to February 14. One can indulge in self-love, exploration, and rejuvenation with a well-balanced week of transformative experience.
- Mary Budden Estate, Binsar: Experience the elegance and the rarest of luxuries in the 19th-century Himalayan forest home to attain peace and tranquillity, away from the bustling city at Mary Budden Estate, in Binsar. Indulge in Kumaoni culture and heritage through their locally sourced ingredients and cuisines in the lush surroundings of the Himalayas. The remarkable food experiences like The Wild Cat Brunch, Serena’s Garden Lunch, Himalayan lunch, etc are perfect options to disconnect with the world and bond with your Valentine in the lap of nature.
- Barefoot Bungalow, Mussoorie: As the cold wave and harsh winter subside, February is the perfect month to plan a getaway to the hills. Head to the Barefoot Bungalow, an enchanting luxurious homestay in Uttarakhand, surrounded by picturesque snow peaks. The stunning private bungalow has an impeccable boarding and lodging facility and is perfect for couples to spend time in solace. It features exquisitely designed rooms and suites in regal architecture with modern amenities. Enjoy the surprise gift hampers, champagne and candlelight dinners, and special romantic décor with your partner in the lap of the Himalayas.
- The Naini Retreat, Nainital: At proximity to Delhi NCR, enjoy an intimate experience at The Naini Retreat, a heritage hotel and one of the town’s oldest properties built in 1927, an erstwhile summer palace of the Maharaja of Pilibhit. Plan a classic evening candle-lit dinner on the deck with a spell-binding view of the mountains and the Naini Lake with live music and specially curated beverages for your loved ones. The Valentine’s stay package for couples starts at INR 30,000 + taxes, for a two-night stay in a premium room that comes with a heart-shaped cake, bouquet, strawberry, and oranges dipped chocolate, and a bottle of wine for the love birds. Indulge in a custom five-course gourmet dinner, morning tea and breakfast in bed, a couple’s massage, and more romantic activities with your partner in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the blissful views
- Narendra Bhawan, Bikaner: Lose yourself in the old-world charm of Narendra Bhawan Bikaner, an independent design boutique hotel in Bikaner that offers the perfect setting for your Valentine’s Day getaway. Indulge in the set of curated culinary experiences along with some delicious cocktails to create an unforgettable experience with your loved ones in the urban landscapes of Bikaner. The boutique hotel also offers its patrons, other experiences such as Sundowners, Museum dinner at the Night Room, The Crescent Grill Dinner, Royal Exploration, and much more.
- Noormahal Palace, Karnal: What can be better than a serene romantic candle-lit setting on the majestic balcony of a beautiful Indian palace, with the stars and moon lighting up the sky to make the whole experience dreamy to express your love? Treat your Valentine like true royalty with customized experiences at the luxurious royal chambers – Khwabgah at Noormahal Palace. The ornate, arched stonework, crystal chandelier, gold leaf frescoes, hand-painted walls, opulent furniture, rare antiques and artwork, and rich drapes adorn the suites of this beautiful property. Surrounded by royal decadence, enjoy a delightful culinary spread and live up to the fairy-tale experience for a memorable time.
- JW Marriott Prestige Golfshire Resort & Spa, Bengaluru: Celebrate the day of love with your partner at East, “The Asian Living Room” located at JW Marriott Bengaluru Prestige Golfshire Resort & Spa, Bengaluru with a view of the mesmerizing Nandi Hills. On Valentine’s Day enjoy the soft romantic theme of cherry blossom and dive into the Japanese art and culture to bring in the good fortune. The evening opens with a complimentary glass of a special house-curated spritzer, followed by a six-course Valentine’s Day menu starting with aphrodisiacs, signature delicacies and desserts for a gastronomic delight.
- St. Regis, Goa: Soak in the tropical sun and the serenity of the beaches at The St. Regis Goa Resort with your partner. Committed to wellness and unforgettable experiences, the resort takes guests on a memorable journey to help relax and rejuvenate with special Valentine’s month experiences. From daycations, barbeques, open air film screenings on the beach to luxury staycations, The St. Regis Goa Resort is the ultimate destination to create unforgettable memories with your partner this year. Susegado, South Goa’s swankiest beach shack at The St. Regis Goa Resort has an extraordinary gastronomical barbecue experience. Amidst the picturesque sunset of Mobor beach, giving way to a starry night, Master Chef Sundar will embark you on a culinary journey, with a variety of seafood grills including lobsters, crabs, tiger prawns, and fresh meats. Culminate the evening with decadent desserts curated specially by Master Pastry craftsman Chef Selvaraj.
- Larisa Hotels and Resorts, Shimla: From resorts nestled in the fragrant forests of luscious hills surrounded with pine trees and endless sky covered with stars and clouds, book a stay near the snow-capped mountains to experience the best of natural bliss at the Larisa Shimla Resort. Larisa is offering 3Days and 2 Nights stay to celebrate Valentine’s in the mountains between 11-15 Feb with romantic room décor, cake, buffet breakfast and dinner at Khambir, candle light dinner at Rooftop Terrace on 14th Feb and more activities for couples.
- Brij Pola, Jawai: Go glamping at this contemporary, cozy lodge and experience an adventure of a lifetime together, while you spot leopards, panthers, crocodiles on morning/evening safari’s. Dine under the stars with a lavish barbeque spread or even go bouldering on the rocks.
(To reach the writer, email at [email protected])