Fashion lovers rejoice as the leading fashion body in India – the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) – has planned an entire week of amazing shows to celebrate the works of most talented names in Indian fashion at the India Couture Week 2017. Since it’s the tenth year of FDCI’s couture week and the celebrations are expected to… Read more →
Have you seen international band Coldplay’s latest song Hymn For The Weekend yet? The song that features pop queen Beyoncé is already a global rage. While Queen B looks like a million bucks in Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla’s ensemble, we loved her Indian diva avatar in the video. She rocks in a skin net lotus sequins hand embroidered dress embellished… Read more →
When it comes to fashion, the term “couture” holds a very special meaning. As most of us aware about haute couture clothing, but for something like hair styling this is a relatively new concept that’s doing the rounds lately. Couture hair styling is a highly specialized hair art and Ankita Shanker, director of Toni and Guy South Ex 2, gives… Read more →
The Oscars red carpet this year was beyond awesome — we just couldn’t stop admiring the elegant evening gowns and fine-tailored dresses sewed with pearls, crystals and accentuated by sharp cuts at strategic spots. As some of the top-notch ladies in Hollywood ushered in the biggest high couture trends that will inspire us for the rest of the year, we take a quick look at who got it right at the big O’s red carpet. From Emma Stone’s unusual choice of colour to a red haute Dakota Johnson and graffiti chic Keira Knightley — we have short-listed five looks from the 87th Academy Awards that caught our fancy in no time.
1. French actress Marion Cotillard’s Dior couture ensemble was a vision in white — the flawless finish and just-the-right amount of trail behind the dress was perfect for this classy occasion. Bonus points for the cool bum-strap !
2. Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson was surely the red-haute bombshell of the Oscars 2015. Her stunning one-shoulder jewelled gown by Saint Laurent was definitely drool-worthy. Full marks to the seductive bangs and a sleek ponytail accompanied with red lips!
3. Actress Emma Stone was a stunner on the Oscar’s red carpet as she channelled her inner diva in a beaded Elie Saab celery green ensemble. The low back, high-slit and full-sleeves were balanced beautifully in this custom-made outfit, which she accentuated with an old-world Hollywood hairdo and bright orange lips.
4. British actress Keira Knightley was my favourite dresser of the night — the pregnant Oscar nominee looked absolutely beautiful in a floral Valentino gown accentuated with super-cool graffiti. The floral crowning glory on her lustrous tresses was the prettiest spring rendition on the red carpet.
5. She is undoubtedly the red carpet darlin’ because she can rock any outfit effortlessly — actress Lupita Nyong weaved a pretty pearly dream in Calvin Klein gown and displayed oodles of grace with her red carpet choice.