Could you’ve imagined plaid and sexy together? Well, the waif-thin supermodels at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret runway show just showed us how the classic tartan can be far from boring when styled with some oomph. The timeless trend of plaid is like the classiest thing ever, because they go well with as formal wear and are perfect for casual outings too. International brands… Read more →
Renowned designer John Galliano once famously said, “The joy of dressing is an art” – and, if you know anything about art then you would understand that it certainly ain’t cheap. A bespoke haute couture ensemble from a premium label comes for a hefty price — but, do you understand the true cost of the product that you pay for?… Read more →
The Oscars red carpet this year was beyond awesome — we just couldn’t stop admiring the elegant evening gowns and fine-tailored dresses sewed with pearls, crystals and accentuated by sharp cuts at strategic spots. As some of the top-notch ladies in Hollywood ushered in the biggest high couture trends that will inspire us for the rest of the year, we take a quick look at who got it right at the big O’s red carpet. From Emma Stone’s unusual choice of colour to a red haute Dakota Johnson and graffiti chic Keira Knightley — we have short-listed five looks from the 87th Academy Awards that caught our fancy in no time.
1. French actress Marion Cotillard’s Dior couture ensemble was a vision in white — the flawless finish and just-the-right amount of trail behind the dress was perfect for this classy occasion. Bonus points for the cool bum-strap !
2. Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson was surely the red-haute bombshell of the Oscars 2015. Her stunning one-shoulder jewelled gown by Saint Laurent was definitely drool-worthy. Full marks to the seductive bangs and a sleek ponytail accompanied with red lips!
3. Actress Emma Stone was a stunner on the Oscar’s red carpet as she channelled her inner diva in a beaded Elie Saab celery green ensemble. The low back, high-slit and full-sleeves were balanced beautifully in this custom-made outfit, which she accentuated with an old-world Hollywood hairdo and bright orange lips.
4. British actress Keira Knightley was my favourite dresser of the night — the pregnant Oscar nominee looked absolutely beautiful in a floral Valentino gown accentuated with super-cool graffiti. The floral crowning glory on her lustrous tresses was the prettiest spring rendition on the red carpet.
5. She is undoubtedly the red carpet darlin’ because she can rock any outfit effortlessly — actress Lupita Nyong weaved a pretty pearly dream in Calvin Klein gown and displayed oodles of grace with her red carpet choice.