Move over the regular dating apps for lonely singles, as the pandemic lockdown has now revealed an untapped market for the lesser-known segments of the society that are ready to date online. The feeling of being wanted and validated might differ from person to person, but the bottom line remains the same for all — to find a trusted partner who understands your needs and fills the void in your emotional space. The recent spike in the dating platforms due to COVID19 restrictions and social distancing has some interesting relationship trends, and despite the controversial data-base these platforms have proved to be quite popular among the Indian diaspora. Here are five unique dating apps that are designed and for unconventional users.
1. Gleeden: With over a million Indian users, this French extra-marital dating platform makes it to the top of the list. The platform is free for women worldwide and caters to an audience who are seeking engagements outside their wedlock. The idea might be considered taboo for some but in the hindsight, the application is providing a platform; especially for women who have very few options in this male-dominant society. The average age group of the audience on this platform is from 34-49 years and the engagements are quite discreet and virtual.
2. Grindr: Another unique dating platform in the list is Grindr, a popular and dedicated dating application for gay, bi, trans and queer community that identifies as LGBTQI plus. The geo-location-based app allows users to safely discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around them. The platform also represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle and community that raises social issues and develops original content for creating a meaningful impact for the community.
3. QuackQuack : The next dating app on the list is QuackQuack and it’s made it to the top three because of its inception. It’s one of the primary homegrown desi dating app that was introduced in the Indian market way back in 2010. Today, it has over 10 million dedicated Indian users who are exchanging millions of chats daily. The platform has a substantial presence in the metros and is also quite popular in tier 2 and tier 3 cities in the country. For people opting for Made In India, it seems like a feasible option.
4. SeekingArrangement: It is a dating platform that connects sugar-babies to sugar-daddies and sugar-mommas. The platform is headquartered in Las Vegas and has a user base of above 22 million globally. The definition of a sugar-baby is someone who knows their value and refuses to settle, especially in their relationships. A sugar-daddy, on the other hand, is an older man who enjoys supporting his partner, financially and by other means. The dating app is yet to go big in the Indian market but it does have its share of active users.
5. WooPlus : The app WooPlus provides space for plus-size women and men for socialization and dating. The objective is to find partners who are serious about dating plus-size men and women. The platform has been working towards changing attitudes towards a body-obsessed culture and wants to create an environment where curvy people and those who are attracted to curvy people can enjoy dating and find love.
(The listicle is a guest post created using data from Google news. If you have tried any of these do tell us about your experience in the comments below)