With the dream of creating a Chocolate City of its own, The Chocolate Room recently completed a decade of all-things-chocolaty. The brand already boasts of 230 stores across Indian cities and expanding exponentially with each passing year. With their first outlet in Ahmedabad, they had the first in-kitchen chocolate café, and today they are serving more than 20 types of chocolate shakes and a variety of chocolate desserts.
When I attended their tenth-anniversary celebration at their Gurgaon outlet, I tried some of their bestsellers and had an excellent experience sampling the Italian and Mexican dishes that were simply divine. Anyhow, I wanted to focus solely on their USP and here are my top five picks from The Chocolate Room menu that you must not miss.
1) Banana Marshmallow Chocizza: For times when pizza is on your mind but heart calls for chocolate. A thin crust pizza base smothered with dark and milk chocolate topped with grilled bananas and marshmallows, comes with the tagline of “satisfaction guaranteed.”
2) Death by Chocolate Pancakes: If chocogasm is all what you seek, then this dish will fulfil all your wishes. Loads and loads of chocolate stuffed within the layers of pancake and you can get it topped with chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Also one can go for the banana or melting marshmallows version which is equally good and might save you a bit of calorie.
3) Ferrero Rocher Shake: Crunchy chunks blended perfectly with ice cream and chocolate sauce and again topped with loads of chocolate, it might not be a freak shake but was crafted with excellence and the consistency was how I love it, neither too thick nor too dilute. Must have.
4) Creamy miso chicken spaghetti: Loaded with cheese, cooked al dente, I didn’t expect this dish to be so delicious. The garlic bread served along was flawless and I totally loved the balance of flavours which was created for the Indian palate.
5) Chicken Enchiladas: This dish again surprised me to the core. A Mexican dish of the utmost quality being served in a café dedicated to chocolates deserves a big applause. Hands down the best savoury food in any chocolate café I have ever tried.
After a delish visit to this chocolate haven, all I can say is that there is no wrong way to eat chocolates! Wouldn’t you agree? Let us know in the comments section below.
(The writer is a doctor turned aspiring chef, who considers food an art. A passionate cook and foodie, he is a passionate reviewer on Zomata and Instagram. To reach out to him mail us as email@example.com)